Implantología dental avanzada y estética facial. Advanced implantology & facial aesthetics. Dr. Pablo Furelos.
In the same way that there are not two identical faces, there are not two similar illnesses.
Here is a list of the most common problems that oral and maxillofacial surgeons deal with; nevertheless your Doctor will explain you the details of your particular case.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a medical-surgical specialty dealing with those pathological processes affecting the face, mouth and neck:
• Facial fractures and wounds
• Congenital malformations such as harelip, palatal fissure, alterations in the shape of the skull
• Facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
• Oral surgery (dental implants, included teeth)
• Pathology of the jaw articulation
• Diseases of the salivary glands
Maxillofacial surgeons are highly qualified medical specialists who go through a training period that lasts from 11 to 14 years.
After 6 years studying Medicine, they expend 5 years more specializing in a hospital service for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
Many of them have studied for 3 years more in order to specialize in stomatology or hold a degree in Dentistry. Approximately 22 new people finish their studies in oral and maxillofacial surgery in Spain every year.